Joe Reynolds is the founder of Red Frog Events. Joe was born with the entrepreneurial gene. He was the kid growing up who always had a hustle or small business running. That did not stop when he went to college as he started house painting business he ran during his summer breaks. Upon graduation, Joe got a “real” job, and that lasted about three weeks. Over the next four years, Joe ran the house painting business during the warm months and traveled the rest of the year. Combining what he learned through his travels and a love for the show The Amazing Race, Joe launched Red Frog Events.
On today’s episode, Joe and I discuss:
- Joe’s background growing up and his influences
- Joe creating small businesses while growing up
- Having a “real” job for three weeks after graduating college
- Making money with his house painting business during the summer and then traveling the world for four years
- How those years traveling have shaped the way Joe runs Red Frog
- Biggest lessons learned from his time traveling
- The idea for Red Frog
- The company’s first event
- Why Joe was able to take action and start the business
- The start of the Warrior Dash and how it led to major growth
- Creating Firefly Music Festival
- Hard lessons learned during the first year of Firefly
- How Firefly was about to turn a profit in the second year of the event
- Being able to take action when others doubt you
- What drives Joe to take on big challenges
- Red Frog’s Relationship with St. Jude’s Children Hospital
- The unique company culture
- Advice for taking action
My 3 Big Takeaways
- Stick with it, especially when the times are tough
- There’s never going to be a perfect time, just go do it
- Heading down your own path opens the possibility to give back in a major way
Red Frog Events website: http://redfrogevents.com/
You can find Red Frog at:
Sponsor: Bighorn Apparel
Drawing inspiration from their Denver, Colorado hometown, Bighorn owns the line between everyday urban style and the tough, mountain look. Their up for anything approach has created a versatile brand that’s appropriate for any type of situation.
Bighorn aims to empower the consumer by using environmentally friendly materials that are produced in a responsible manner. They strive to find the connection between tough, sustainable, and stylish in their durable clothing line.
Use promo code “ubpath” at checkout on the website at https://www.wearbighorn.com/ to receive 25% off your order.
Join and Share
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes or on Stitcher. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
And, by all means, if you know someone you think would benefit from the podcast, please spread the word!