Jeremy Ryan Slate received his master’s degree in ancient history from Seton Hall University, studied literature at Oxford University and graduated into one of the worst job markets in history.
His intention was to get his PhD and teach college, but he didn’t see a way to get a job as a professor at the time. He ended up continuing as the weekend manager at the same gym he worked at for 8 years. He took on a job painting houses which led to about 8 months of 16-hour days. He then took a position as a high school history teacher, and it turned out to be precisely what he didn’t want his life to be. He resigned from teaching to start a personal training company, MLM business and sell life insurance at the same time. That was the start of his entrepreneurial journey.
Jeremy Ryan Slate started the Create Your Own Life Podcast In late 2015. He was struggling as an entrepreneur then, but due to hard work and determination his life very quickly took off.
On Today’s Episode Jeremy and I discuss:
- Growing up in a small town in New Jersey
- Gaining the entrepreneurial mindset
- Jeremy preparing for a life in Academics
- A simple knee surgery turned into a near death experience
- A life-threatening experience not changing the way Jeremy lived his life and why
- Seeing a loved one have a near death experience being the catalyst for change
- Advice for someone struggling to take their first action step
- The realization he was miserable teaching
- Learning the hard way with Jeremy’s first entrepreneurial endeavor
- One big lesson learned from his first venture
- Jeremy jumping into the podcast game but initially failing
- Finding the right show to create
- Getting pushback from creating his own way
- How Jeremy started the Create Your Own Life podcast and booked his first guests
- The first time getting recognized for the podcast
- Creating a podcast guesting business on top of the show
- The ability to stay positive during the hard times
- What you can do today to make a positive change in your life
- What it means to Jeremy to help others succeed
My 3 Big Takeaways
- Have clear and set goals
- If you take any type of risk, you can’t give a shit what people think about you
- Become educated with highly successful people from the past and learn what’s possible
Jeremy’s Website: https://www.jeremyryanslate.com/
Command Your Brand’s Website: https://commandyourbrand.media/
You can find Jeremy at:
JOIN AND SHARE
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes or on Stitcher. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
And, by all means, if you know someone you think would benefit from the podcast, please spread the word!